Sunday, July 24, 2016

Red Tape Madness!

He's one for the critics of big government and slow-moving bureaucratic systems:
After my knee surgery well over a month ago, I immediately applied for a temporary disabled permit for my vehicle.  Yesterday, I received a notice from DMV that my application must be resubmitted due to a procedural error...As requested, I listed my full name as normally stated; not as the required last name first then first and middle. The entire two page application was completed perfectly including a signed testimony from my doctor but because the order of name listing was not in compliance with the rules, the application was denied and the process must now be repeated. Is there no one at DMV that could sort this out, could simply rearrange the name placement?! After all, my full name (in correct order) has been in your files since I entered your system in 1963!!
I will be off crutches next Monday and will then be taking my first steps so the need for the permit will have passed by the time a new document can be obtained. Really could have used that permit on Friday and Saturday when I crutched many long blocks to various venues ( traffic and time considerations prevented a drop off). While it's true that the exercise was of some benefit, I still would have appreciated the chance to park by the front door! Thanks, DMV for your diligence in adhering to the exact letter of the law when the insertion of some good old fashioned commonsense could have saved at least one taxpayer a considerable amount of grief!

No comments:

Post a Comment