Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Gift Of Perspective

For those of you who know me as, shall we say, a single minded runner (alright, obsessed) also know that its extremely unlikely that I would stop when in full flight. Well, today was the exception that proves the rule as I had the honor of once again crossing paths with my friend Albert while we both were out enjoying a sun drenched day on the promenade at Ocean Beach. We exchanged greetings and inquired about each other's health. With a beaming countenance, Albert told me that he was well in spite of experiencing another arduous round of chemotherapy. I then noticed that he had lost a considerable amount of weight since our last encounter suggesting a possible downturn in his physical circumstance. One would never otherwise know that Albert was experiencing difficulty as his smile was constant and his wish for my continued good health genuine and heartfelt. We sealed the encounter with a bow and a palm to palm exchange of positive energy again filling me with a broader perspective regarding life lived in the moment.
Sometimes a pause in one's routine is not only indicated but also necessary to expand one's point of view!

No comments:

Post a Comment